Smith and Christensen, LLP, has a wealth of experience in the ever-expanding area of employment law. Among other areas, our practice addresses issues under or involving:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and national origin);
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA);
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA);
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA);
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA);
- Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA);
- Whistleblower laws;
- Retaliation; and
- Wrongful termination.
We represent Cooperatives at the administrative, trial and appellate levels of employment discrimination litigation. However, the mark of genuine success in employment law is avoiding the claim altogether. Smith and Christensen, LLP, works with Cooperatives daily, whether through a quick telephone call or an on-site visit, to implement policies and strategies that will not only satisfy the Cooperative’s personnel objectives, but also help prevent discrimination and other employment claims. To help achieve these objectives, we also offer customized personnel policies and we are available to conduct human resource audits and supervisor training.